There’s a chill in the air. The leaves are changing colors and I’m ready to crawl into some fun, hair-raising Halloween reads. I’m not a true horror enthusiast, but more a fan of the strange and paranormal. I can do without those slasher type stories. I love a good, eerie mystery with a small town setting and great big characters more than anything else. Today, I’m sharing a list of some of the best Halloween books for young teens and young adult readers of all ages.
I am a tremendous fan of books for young teens and young adult novels. I find them quick and easy to read, imaginative, thoughtful, fun and incredibly entertaining. If you haven’t picked up a YA novel recently, don’t wait any longer.
So throw on your favorite oversized sweatshirt, slide on your fuzzy slippers and grab a sip of something to warm your insides and get into the Halloween spirit with some great seasonal books to whet your appetite.
“Naughty John, Naughty John, does his work with his apron on. Cuts your throat and takes your bones, sells ’em off for a coupla stones” -The Diviners, Libba Bray
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means I receive a small payment if you make a purchase through this link. Thank you for supporting my coffee habit!
Books for Younger Teens
- Remarkables by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Scary Stories for Young Foxes by Christian McKay Heidicker
- The Girl in the Locked Room by Mary Downing Hahn
- Guest: A Changeling Tale by Mary Downing Hahn
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- Dead Voices by Katherine Arden
Books for Older Teens & YA Readers of All Ages
- The Girl From The Well by Rin Chupeco
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting
- Two of Us Can Keep A Secret by Karen M. McManus
- I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
- The Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
More Fall Favorites
If scary isn’t your thing, here are some more Fall Favorites you can cozy up with!
Pin for Later