I’m going to totally honest with you. I live a pretty dull life. I can honestly say this was true long before Covid. But I don’t mean that in a bad way. By dull, what I really mean is uneventful and free from the melodrama that so many get consumed by. I have better things to do. Like celebrate National Drink Wine Day with wine and popcorn pairings that pop. Like anyone really needs a reason, amiright?
So now that we can stream pretty much everything, we really never have to leave the comfort of the couch. Netflix, Hulu and Prime Video have kept me more than entertained with all my extra time at home. We don’t even need to go to the movies for a date night.
But if you’re gonna watch tv, you need popcorn. You can eat a vat of this stuff for very few calories and it’s so yummy. It’s the perfect snack!
The good folks at Skinny Pop provided me with this helpful infographic on wine and popcorn Pairings that Pop! Which wine goes with which flavor of their delicious popcorn. FYI, this is not a paid sponsorship. Just my deep love of Skinny Pop. And wine. And tv.
I love cheese popcorn, so naturally I went with the white cheddar which paired well with Malbec, my favorite. I’m trying to be a bit healthier so I love that Skinny Pop is made from all natural ingredients, not too salty and is low in calories (which I will make up for with wine, thank you very much).
My streaming device queues are filled with smartly written sitcoms, romantic comedies, feel good family dramas, a little bit of sci-fi, a frightening amount of true crime stories and of course a shitload of eighties classics.
I will watch the same show or movie over and over and over again. If I watch Sweet Home Alabama one more time, I truly believe my husband will pack up and leave. And, if Sweet Home Alabama is on, I may not notice. At least not for another hour and forty nine minutes.
Here’s a look at what I’m watching these days
- Fate: The Winx Saga – Love the Harry Potter vibe. Love the characters and sisterhood
- Married at First Sight Australia-I’m a sucker for a love story and I love the accents. And by the way, do all women in Australia plump their lips? Just curious.
- The Great British Baking Show – totally relaxes me
- Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel
- Night Stalker: The Hunt For A Serial Killer
- Firefly Lane – A story of lifelong friendship
- Virgin River – Immerse yourself in small town dynamics and amazing scenery
- Outlander-This entire series is drool-worthy. From the cast to the scenery to the costumes. Ok, mostly the cast. Ok, mostly Jamie. OK, just Jamie.
- Cobra Kai – Still rooting for Johnny
Here are a few classic series we are re-watching with the kids
- Parks and Rec
- The Office
- Married With Children
So now that I gave you a few ideas for what to watch, what to drink and what to eat. How are you going to enjoy National Drink Wine Day?
And please give a shout out with some of your favorite shows. I’m always up for suggestions. Head on over to the Facebook page to join the conversation.
This post was originally posted on March 2, 2013. TV shows have been updated to show current selections